On the Setup tab you can view the properties of the computer.
The version number of the Printix Client running on the computer.
The addresses of the computer.
The SSID of the Wi-Fi network the computer is connected to.
- External IP
The external IP address of the computer.
The Windows or macOS edition the computer is running.
The type of the computer (Server, Desktop and Laptop).
The status of the computer:
Lists the computer’s network Adapters (for example one for LAN and one for Wi-Fi). You can see the Gateway IP and Gateway MAC address for each network adapter.
If the computer is on an Unknown network you can, for the gateway you want to add, either:
- Select Select network to add the gateway to an existing network.
- Select network. Optionally enter part of the network name to Search for it. Select Select network.
- Select Create new network to create a new network with this gateway.
- Enter Network name and select Create new network.
- Act as print gateway
If a printer does not support PDF, then the PDF document need to be processed using a matching print driver, before it can be sent to the printer. This applies to anywhere documents and documents printed through Printix for Chromebook. Check Act as print gateway if Printix Client on this computer should the preferred choice for processing and print the document, and if required add the print queue and print driver. The selected computer should be one that is likely to be online. If the computer runs Windows, the document will also be processed according to the print queue’s print driver configuration and thereby finishing options.
If at a school students are using Printix for Chromebook, then you can create a robust setup, configuring a number of desktop computers, that are online anyway, to Act as print gateway. That way, PDF documents are primarily processed by these computers, rather than other computers, such as teachers’ laptop computers.
- Use SAM account name to determine user
It is only relevant to check this in Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) and Remote Desktop Server (RDS) environments. Printix Client will look at the Azure AD user property onPremisesSamAccountNam￼e to determine who the printing user is. Requires Printix Client version 1.3.928 or later.
- Discover printers
Select this to discover printers you suspect was not found during the initial discovery.
- You may be able to discover additional printers by installing Printix Client on print server(s) and then start discovery on these.
- The result is securely and silently transferred to Printix Cloud without any required interaction from the user on the computer.
- Computer must be available.
- SNMP configuration
Optionally select a SNMP configuration.