On the Setup tab you can modify the properties of the printer.
Modify printer name
- In Printer name select the Modify icon.
- In the Modify printer name dialog edit the Printer name or select from the Printer name suggestions list.
- Select Save.
Modify properties for multiple printers
- On the Printers page select individual printers and select Modify.
- Enter Location if you want to modify this.
- Optionally in Network select Select network if you want to change this. If you do not select a network, printers will remain on their current network.
- Optionally in SNMP configuration select Select SNMP configuration if you want to change this. If you do not select an SNMP configuration, printers will continue to use their current SNMP configuration.
- Optionally in Protocol select Select if you want to change this. If you do not select a protocol, printers will continue to use their current protocol and port. Requires Printix Client version 1.3.1047 or later.
- Select IPP and if required change the Port to a different value than the default port number 80.
- Select IPPS and if required change the Port to a different value than the default port number 443.
- For both IPP and IPPS select Path to modify this if required. If you open the printer’s web page you may find information about Port and Path.
- Select LPR and if required change the Port to a different value than the default port number 515. Optionally enter a Print queue name.
- Select RAW and if required change the Port to a different value than the default port number 9100.
- Select Save. The entered location will be saved for the selected printers.
- Printer name
By default the printer name is set to the model name of the printer. The printer name appears on the printer ID sign and in the Printix App. However, it is the Print queue name users will see on their computer and in Printix Client. If there are for example two active print queues, you should name them so users will both know the physical printer and be able to determine the difference in purpose of the print queues.
- Printer name Reception has two queues with the Print queue names: Reception and Reception Staple.
- Reception is the general purpose and the one most frequently used of the two print queues.
- Reception Staple has a print driver configuration that will staple together sheets by default.
The model name of the printer.
- Serial number
The serial number of the printer. Select the Modify icon if you want to add it, change it and/or copy it to the clipboard.
Description of the printer’s location. Example: Head Office, Reception
- MAC address
The hardware address of the printer.
- Printer address
The printer’s hostname or IP address. By default print data is sent as RAW print via TCP port 9100. Print data can be sent via another port and the LPR (Line Printer Remote) protocol. There must be a space between the IP address and $$.
- RAW mode via TCP port 9100 (default)
- RAW mode via another TCP port
Example: 192.168.1.94 $$port:9101
- IPPS via TCP port 443
Example: 192.168.1.94 $$ipps
- IPPS via another TCP port
Example: 192.168.1.94 $$ipps$$port:621
- IPP via TCP port 80
Example: 192.168.1.94 $$ipp
- LPR via TCP port 515
Example: 192.168.1.94 $$lpr:myqueue
- LPR via another TCP port
Example: 192.168.1.94 $$lpr:myqueue$$port:712
- Windows print queue via Printix Redirector
- RAW mode via TCP port 9100 (default)
- Network name
The name of the network the printer is on.
- SNMP configuration
The SNMP configuration. Is blank if the default SNMP configuration is used.
The protocol (IPP, IPPS, LPR, RAW) used to send print data to the printer. Select the Modify icon if you want to change it. For printers registered before April 2021 you should select Contact printer to obtain and update the list of protocols supported by the printer. Prior to this you should ensure the protocols are also enabled on the printer. Requires Printix Client version 1.3.1047 or later.
Select Features to see printer features. If printer features are not registered correctly then change Page description language, Color supported and/or 2-sided supported to match what you know the printer support. Select Save to save changes.
- Contact printer
Select Contact printer if you need to replace a printer or just want to redo the registration of the printer in regards to:
- MAC address. The hardware address obtained from the printer.
- Model. The model name obtained from the printer. If you have a Konica Minolta printer that is registered with the wrong model name AND you have Printix Client version 1.3.1091.0 or later, then select Contact printer to update the model name.
- Serial number. The serial number obtained from the printer.
- Protocol. The protocols (IPP, IPPS, LPR, RAW) supported by the printer. Ensure the protocols are also enabled on the printer.
- Page description language (PCL5, POSTSCRIPT, PCLXL, PDF, …).
- Color supported.
- 2-sided supported.
- Vendor and Created are only available if Printix Go is installed and a card reader is connected to the printer.
- Select Delete NFC tag to unregister the NFC tag.
Only available if the printer has been registered with an NFC tag.
- Select Yes.
- Select Print printer ID sign.
- Use the browser to print the page with the printer ID signs.
- Mount the printer ID sign with QR code at the printer.
- Select Download CSV report.
- The downloaded file can be opened in a text editor. The filename is: printername.csv.
The first row contains the column headings and the subsequent lines (one per day) contains the date and meter readings. If no readings has changed on a particular day no line is written for that day.
- Date: year, month, day
- Toner levels: colorBlack, colorMagenta, colorCyan, colorYellow
- Sheets: sheetsSimplex, sheetsDuplex, sheetsTotal
- Impressions: impressionsMono, impressionsColor, impressionsTotal