Print to Printix managed printers from Google Chrome.
- Install Printix for Chromebook
- How to deploy Printix for Chromebook
- How to print from Chrome
Allows users to select Printix printers that are configured to print Via the cloud. The document is uploaded to the Printix Cloud and then forwarded to a Printix Client computer (Windows or Mac) on the printer’s network. The document remains secure during the transfer over the Internet as the document itself and the communication are both encrypted.
- Gives users single sign-on (SSO) to Printix with their G Suite account.
- Enable Google groups to give Exclusive access to print queues based on users’ group membership.
- There is no manual effort involved in maintaining Printix for Chromebook, as it will silently update itself to the latest approved version.
- Subscription to Printix Cloud Print Management Service (printix.net)
- Gmail service with email domain that is part of G Suite.
- Any Internet connected:
- Chromebook running: Google Chrome version 63 or later.
- Computer (Windows, macOS or Linux) with Chrome browser.
- Signed in to the Chrome browser with the G Suite account (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Install Printix for Chromebook
- Open the Chrome Web Store and search for Printix
- Click Add to Chrome.
- Click Add extension.
- Printix has now been added. To see a list of extensions, Open Chrome and type chrome://extensions and press Enter.
How to deploy Printix for Chromebook
- Sign in to the Google Admin console (admin.google.com).
Sign in using your administrator account (does not end in @gmail.com).
- From the Admin console dashboard, click Device management.
- On the left, click Chrome management.
- Click App management.
- Select the extension Printix.
- Select the category User settings to deploy Printix for users who sign in with an account in your G Suite domain.
- In the Orgs section on the left, click the organizational unit where you want to deploy Printix.
- Check Force Installation.
- Click Save.
How to print from Chrome
- Open the item you want to print in the Google Chrome browser.
- Click Print on the menu (or press Ctrl+P).
- Click Change…
- In the Select destination dialog click the Printix printer (Reception) as identified by the Printix icon
- Click Print.
You are not signed in
- You have clicked the Printix icon in the Chrome browser, but you are not signed in.
RESOLUTION user: Please sign in to the Chrome browser with your G Suite account (email@example.com).
RESOLUTION administrator: If you are still seeing this error even though you are signed in, then check that you have a Printix Home (example: acme.printix.net), and check that Google authentication is enabled. Otherwise, please submit a support request.
Pick your Printix Home
You may be asked to Pick a Printix Home if G Suite is used by multiple Printix Homes. If you want to change to another Printix Home (tenant), then click Change home
No printers are listed with the Printix logo
- The printer is not listed with the Printix logo as expected.
RESOLUTION: Open Printix Administrator and check the following:
- The print queue has Via the cloud checked.
- The Printix extension is not installed.
RESOLUTION: Install or deploy the Printix extension.
- You are not signed in to the Google Chrome browser.
RESOLUTION: Sign in to the browser with your G Suite account. Check that Google authentication is enabled.
- Chromebook print enabled printers must be able to support PDF files being sent directly to the printer.
Nothing is printed
- There is no online computer with Printix Client on the printer’s network
RESOLUTION: Make sure there is a computer online with Printix Client on the same network as the printer. You may want to configure selected computers to Act as print gateway.
Text is missing on printout
- This usually happens when printing web pages with complex layouts.
RESOLUTION: In the Print dialog check Background graphics.