Print to Printix managed printers from Google Chrome.
- Install Printix for Chromebook
- How to deploy Printix for Chromebook
- How to print from Chrome
Allows users to select Printix printers that are configured to print Via the cloud. The document is uploaded to the Printix Cloud and then forwarded to a Printix Client computer (Windows or Mac) on the printer’s network. The document remains secure during the transfer over the Internet as the document itself and the communication are both encrypted.
- Gives users single sign-on (SSO) to Printix with their G Suite account.
- Enable Google groups to give Exclusive access to print queues based on users’ group membership.
- There is no manual effort involved in maintaining Printix for Chromebook, as it will silently update itself to the latest approved version.
- Subscription to Printix Cloud Print Management Service (printix.net)
- Gmail service with email domain that is part of G Suite.
- Any Internet connected:
- Chromebook running: Google Chrome version 63 or later.
- Computer (Windows, macOS or Linux) with Chrome browser.
- Signed in to the Chrome browser with the G Suite account (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Install Printix for Chromebook
- Open the Chrome Web Store and search for Printix
- Select Add to Chrome.
- Select Add extension.
- Printix has now been added. To see a list of extensions, Open Chrome and type chrome://extensions and press Enter.
How to deploy Printix for Chromebook
- Sign in to the Google Admin console (admin.google.com).
Sign in using your administrator account (does not end in @gmail.com).
- From the Admin console dashboard, select Device management.
- On the left, select Chrome management.
- Select App management.
- Select the extension Printix.
- Select the category User settings to deploy Printix for users who sign in with an account in your G Suite domain.
- In the Orgs section on the left, select the organizational unit where you want to deploy Printix.
- Check Force Installation.
- Select Save.
How to print from Chrome
- Open the item you want to print in the Google Chrome browser.
- Select Print on the menu (or select Ctrl+P).
- Select Change…
- In the Select destination dialog select the Printix printer (Reception) as identified by the text Printix on the right.
- Optionally modify the available print settings.
- Select Print.
Available print settings
The printer settings you can set is dependent on the capabilities and properties of the Printix printer:
Not available if printer support PDF printing and Process PDF is unchecked. Otherwise you can select between Portrait and Landscape.
Not available if printer does not support color, or if the printer support PDF printing and Process PDF is unchecked. Otherwise you can select between Black and white and Color.
Select More settings to see:
- Paper size
Select between A4, A3, Legal and Letter.
- Headers and footers
Available if the printer supports this.
- Background graphics
- Headers and footers
- You are not signed in
- Pick your Printix Home
- No printers are listed with the Printix logo
- Nothing is printed
- Text is missing on printout
You are not signed in
- You have selected the Printix icon in the Chrome browser, but you are not signed in.
RESOLUTION user: Please sign in to the Chrome browser with your G Suite account (email@example.com).
RESOLUTION administrator: If you are still seeing this error even though you are signed in, then check that you have a Printix Home (example: acme.printix.net), and check that Google authentication is enabled. Otherwise, please submit a support request.
Pick your Printix Home
You may be asked to Pick a Printix Home if G Suite is used by multiple Printix Homes. If you want to change to another Printix Home (tenant), then select Change home
No printers are listed with the Printix logo
- The printer is not listed with the Printix logo as expected.
RESOLUTION: Open Printix Administrator and check the following:
- The print queue has Via the cloud checked.
- The Printix extension is not installed.
RESOLUTION: Install or deploy the Printix extension.
- You are not signed in to the Google Chrome browser.
RESOLUTION: Sign in to the browser with your G Suite account. Check that Google authentication is enabled.
- Chromebook print enabled printers must be able to support PDF files being sent directly to the printer.
Nothing is printed
- There is no online computer with Printix Client on the printer’s network
RESOLUTION: Make sure there is a computer online with Printix Client on the same network as the printer. You may want to configure selected computers to Act as print gateway.
Text is missing on printout
- This usually happens when printing web pages with complex layouts.
RESOLUTION: In the Print dialog check Background graphics.