Use Printix Redirector to enable printing to a locally attached USB printer.
- Install Printix Client and Printix Redirector on the (desktop) computer that has the locally attached USB printer.
- In Printix Administrator open the Printers page.
- Select Add
- Select Network as Type.
- In Printer address enter: \\computername\printername
- The computername should be that of the computer running Printix Redirector. Example: mycomputer.
- The printername should be the Printer name of the USB print queue. Do NOT use a possible Share name.
- Select Add.
- If the printer does not appear in Printix Administrator, then look for it on the Unregistered printers page.
- By default the print name is set to the name of the driver used by the USB print queue.
- The default print queue is set to the name of the driver used by the USB print queue. If there is no print queue, then Create print queue.
Thanks for your feedback.