This describes a “green field” scenario, where you want to have Printix installed and configured before users move into the new office/site. Follow the steps below to build your print infrastructure.
- You should be connected to the network at the new site.
- Printers are powered on and on the network.
- Make the recommended: Implementation setup.
Step 1: Install
Download the Printix Client software and install it on a computer at the new site. The computer should run the same Windows/macOS editions the users will be using, for example Windows.
- Printers are discovered and registered in the Printix Cloud.
Step 2: Set up print queues
- Optionally rename printers and print queues.
- Refine the print queue setup by adding print drivers and make print driver configurations to configure Installable Options (such as Paper trays, Duplexer, Staple, Hole punch, and Output bins), and for example Form to tray Assignment.
- For each of the additional Windows/macOS editions to be used in the organization, for example Windows 7 ×64, install Printix Client and add print drivers and make print driver configurations.
- Test that printing via the added print queues works as intended on the Windows/macOS editions to be used.