- You should be connected to the network you want to use Printix on, for example the network at the office.
- Your computer must have access to at least one printer on the network and with at least one print queue installed, to experience the various printing features. If you intend to install on a fresh virtual machine you should add a printer first, so it can become managed by Printix.
Step 1: Install
- Download Printix Client. Open and run the downloaded file to install on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Sign in to Printix Client. This is automatic if your Windows 10 computer is Azure AD domain joined.
- If you see Sign in with Microsoft, select this and sign in with your work account.
- If you see Sign in with Google, select this and sign in with your G Suite account (not @gmail.com).
- Otherwise enter the Email and Password you used when you registered. If you were not asked to sign in, then sign in via the Printix Client menu.
- If you have issues with Sign in to Printix Client, then please read: Sign in issues.
- Discover printers. Please wait a couple of minutes while Printix Client discovers your printers.
If it reports “Found no new printers” , it could be because your printers are on a different subnet than your computer. On the Printers page select Add printer to manually add a printer from that subnet, and then do another discovery to find additional printers on that subnet.
Step 2: Start printing
Having installed Printix Client, you can now print to the Printix managed printers and check out the many features that will make office printing convenient, secure and easy to manage. But first, let us check out how you can print as usual.
- Open the item you want to print. Select Print on the File menu.
- You will notice that nothing has changed, except for the three letters (ASD, BNM, …) at the end of the printer name, which indicates that these printers are now managed by Printix. And apart from the Printix Anywhere printer, you have the exact same printers available to you as you did before the installation.
- Identify a Printix printer, select it, select Print.