Sign in with Microsoft
- Automatic registration of the user happens the first time the user Sign in with Microsoft to Printix.
- Single sign-on (SSO) to Printix with users’ Microsoft account.
- Supports Azure AD conditional access.
- Supports Azure AD guest users, also known as Azure Active Directory business-to-business (B2B) collaboration users.
- Users’ Department is recorded and can be used to post process data for subsequent departmental billing.
- If you Delete a user in Azure AD, the user is also deleted in Printix.
- If you Block sign in for a user in Azure AD, the user is signed out from Printix and will not be able to sign in until the user’s account is unblocked in Azure AD.
- Administrator can Accept Printix for all users.
- Automatic Sign in to Printix Client on Azure AD domain joined Windows 10 (version 1607 or later) computers.
- Works with Windows 10 editions: Pro, Enterprise and Education. Microsoft does not support Azure AD Join on the Windows 10 Home edition.
- Automatic Sign in to Printix Client on Azure AD domain joined Windows Server 2016 and 2019.
- Supports Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD)
- Supports one Azure AD per Printix Home (tenant). Support for multiple Azure ADs is coming.
Deploy with Microsoft Intune
- Deploy Printix Client MSI file with:
- Intune on Azure.
- Windows Installer through MDM.
- Windows Installer.
- Optionally postpone sign in to Printix Client until restart. This method can be used to install Printix Client as part of an automated process (like Windows Autopilot) that completely configures a new computer before this is delivered to the user. This way, sign in is postponed until the user starts to use the computer.
Azure AD groups
- Use Azure AD groups to control access to printers and deploy printers based on users’ group membership. Nested groups are not supported.
- Users’ membership of groups is maintained in Microsoft Azure (portal.azure.com).
- Print queue/group membership is maintained in Printix Administrator by adding groups to print queues.
- A print queue that has Add print queue automatically checked for one or more groups, will be added automatically to the computer, when a user in any of those groups signs in.
- A print queue that has Exclusive access checked for one or more groups, can be accessed ONLY by the users in any of those groups.
Eliminate print server
- Serverless print infrastructure.
- With Printix Administrator you can configure Printix and centrally manage your printers from a web browser. You can have print queues automatically added on users’ computers.
- Printix maintains a global Driver store with Windows and macOS print drivers. When you start to use Printix Client, it will automatically upload print drivers and put them in your Printix driver store.
- Allows you to print confidential documents. Just wait until you are at the printer and then use Printix App on your phone to release your documents.
- Printix App is available as a native app for Android and iOS/iPadOS devices, and as a web app that runs in a web browser on your phone, tablet and computer.
- Print from phones and tablets, Android and iOS/iPadOS, to Printix managed printers enabled for mobile print.
Azure Blob Storage
- Enable storage of pending documents in your secure Azure Blob Storage.
- Documents printed Via the cloud or as Mobile print from phones and tablets (Android and iOS/iPadOS), will also go via your cloud storage.
Microsoft Power BI
Available on Microsoft storefronts
- Printix is a preferred solution in Azure Marketplace and AppSource.
Thanks for your feedback.