Sign in with Microsoft
- Automatic registration of the user happens the first time the user Sign in with Microsoft to Printix.
- Single sign-on (SSO) to Printix with users’ Microsoft account.
- Supports multiple Azure AD directories per Printix Home.
- Supports Azure AD conditional access.
- Supports Azure AD guest users, also known as Azure Active Directory business-to-business (B2B) collaboration users.
- Users’ Department is recorded and can be used to post process data for subsequent departmental billing.
- If you Delete a user in Azure AD, the user is also deleted in Printix.
- If you Block sign in for a user in Azure AD, the user is signed out from Printix and will not be able to sign in until the user’s account is unblocked in Azure AD.
- Administrator can Accept Printix for all users.
- Automatic Sign in to Printix Client on Azure AD domain joined Windows 10 (version 1607 or later) computers.
- Works with Windows 10 editions: Pro, Enterprise and Education. Microsoft does not support Azure AD Join on the Windows 10 Home edition.
- Automatic Sign in to Printix Client on Azure AD domain joined Windows Server 2016 and 2019.
- Supports Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD)
Deploy with Microsoft Intune
- Deploy Printix Client MSI file with:
- Intune on Azure.
- Windows Installer through MDM.
- Windows Installer.
- Optionally postpone sign in to Printix Client until restart. This method can be used to install Printix Client as part of an automated process (like Windows Autopilot) that completely configures a new computer before this is delivered to the user. This way, sign in is postponed until the user starts to use the computer.
Azure AD groups
- Use Azure AD groups to control access to printers and deploy printers based on users’ and computers’ group membership. Nested groups are not supported.
- Users’ and computers’ membership of groups is maintained in Microsoft Azure (portal.azure.com).
- Print queue/group membership is maintained in Printix Administrator by adding groups to print queues.
- A print queue that has Exclusive access checked, can be accessed ONLY by the users in any of those groups. This is based only on users’ group membership, and not on computers’ group membership.
- A print queue that has Add print queue automatically checked, will be added automatically to the computer, when a user in any of those groups signs in.
- A print queue that has Set as default printer checked, will become the default printer for the users and computers in the group.
Eliminate print server
- Serverless print infrastructure.
- With Printix Administrator you can configure Printix and centrally manage your printers from a web browser. You can have print queues automatically added on users’ computers.
- Printix maintains a global Driver store with Windows and macOS print drivers. When you start to use Printix Client, it will automatically upload print drivers and put them in your Printix driver store.
- Allows you to print confidential documents. Just wait until you are at the printer and then use Printix App on your phone to release your documents.
- Printix App is available as a native app for Android and iOS/iPadOS devices, and as a web app that runs in a web browser on your phone, tablet and computer.
- Print from phones and tablets, Android and iOS/iPadOS, to Printix managed printers enabled for mobile print.
Azure Blob Storage
- Enable storage of pending documents in your secure Azure Blob Storage.
- Documents printed Via the cloud or as Mobile print from phones and tablets (Android and iOS/iPadOS), will also go via your cloud storage.
Microsoft Power BI
Available on Microsoft storefronts
- Printix is a preferred solution in Azure Marketplace and AppSource.
Thanks for your feedback.