- Visit printix.net and select Free trial.
- Enter Work email.
- Enter Full name.
- Optionally enter Phone number.
- Enter Company name.
- Select Country.
- Optionally change I am starting this trial as to Service provider if this is the case.
- Enter Subdomain. Because the text is used in your Printix web address (your Printix Home), you can use only: A-z,0-9,-
- Select Start trial.
You will get Domain reserved if the Printix Home is already in use. Change it and select Start trial again.
An email is sent to you.
- Read the email: “Welcome to Printix” and select Get started.
If you do not see the email within a few minutes then check your spam/junk mail folder. The link in the email can only be used once for activation and this must happen within 72 hour.
- Complete the steps presented by the Setup assistant.
The Setup assistant helps you get started with Printix and move your print management to the Printix Cloud.
- Enter password.
Password is required for future sign in and for sign in to Printix Client. Select Save.
- Password must be minimum 6 characters in length and contain uppercase letters, lowercase letters, and digits.
- This step is left out if you have used an existing Printix account.
- Install Printix Client and sign in
Install on your computer in a couple of minutes.
- Open and run the downloaded file and complete the Printix Client installation on your computer.
- Enter your Email and Password to Sign in to Printix Client.
- Discover printers on your network
Select Discover printers and wait a couple of minutes while Printix Client discovers your printers. Select Close.
- Printix Client will attempt to discover your printers and securely transfer necessary information to the Printix Cloud.
- The Printix Anywhere printer is installed.
- Print queues are converted and their name is enhanced with a three-letter printer ID to make it easy to search for and identify printers.
To further guide you to a successful trial, you will, in turn, be presented with these other buttons:
- Select Setup sign in method to open the new Setup tab on the Authentication page from here you can easily add and enable sign in methods, for example: Sign in with Microsoft or Sign in with Google.
- Select Implementation to open the Implementation assistant which simplifies and reduces the steps needed to implement Printix.
- Select Subscription to open the Subscription page, enter billing information and add a credit card to start subscription after trial end. This is relevant for direct customers only, as customers onboarded via our partners are billed through the distributor/partner in question.
Having installed Printix Client, you can now print to the Printix managed printers and check out the many features that will make office printing convenient, secure and easy to manage. But first, let us check out how you can print as usual.
- Open the item you want to print. Select Print on the File menu.
- You will notice that nothing has changed, except for the three letters (ASD, BNM, …) at the end of the printer name, which indicates that these printers are now managed by Printix. And apart from the Printix Anywhere printer, you have the exact same printers available to you as you did before the installation.
- Identify a Printix printer, select it, select Print.
- Subscription email receiver
During the 1-month trial email reminders are sent when 15, 5 and 1 day remains. These emails are by default sent to the email address of the user (you) who signed up for Printix Cloud Print Management Service. On the Subscription page you can change who receives subscription emails and future invoices. You can Add credit card at any time to suppress the email reminders. You will still get the remaining time of your 1-month trial for free.
- Email message signature
On the Settings page you may want to change the Signature, to include contact details for your Help Desk. By default this is populated with the name and email address of the user (you) who signed up for Printix Cloud Print Management Service.