- Open the Networks page.
- Select Add network
- In the Create new network dialog enter Network name.
- Select OK.
Next you need to select the gateway (and thereby the computers) that should be part of the network.
- Select Unknown networks.
If there are no computers on unknown networks, it will say: No computers on unknown networks.
- Select the gateway (identified by IP and MAC address).
- On the Gateway properties page, select the newly added network.
- Select Save.
How to add a network/gateway from the computer properties page
This alternative method is useful if there are many unknown networks.
- The method assumes you know of a computer that is on the network you want to add.
- If you know the name of the computer go to step 5. Otherwise Search for the user who’s computer is on the unknown network.
- Enter part of the user’s name or email.
Uppercase and lowercase letters are treated the same.
- Select and Info to see information about the user.
- Select the Computer (COMPIX) link to open the Computer properties page.
- On the Computer properties page you can, for the gateway you want to add, either:
- Select Select network to add the gateway to an existing network.
- Select network. Optionally enter part of the network name to Search for it. Select Select network.
- Select Create new network to create a new network with this gateway.
- Enter Network name and select Create new network.
How to manually add a gateway
If you know the IP and the MAC address of the gateway, you can either:
- Use Add gateway on the Network properties page.
- Use Printix Configurator to add the gateway to an existing network.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.