Enable storage of pending documents in your secure cloud storage. That way, the user’s computer does not need to be online to release print later and print anywhere documents. However, a Printix Client still needs to be online on the printer’s network to release the documents.
Create storage account
- Open a new browser window and sign in to Microsoft Azure (portal.azure.com), using your work account credentials.
- Select All Services, scroll to Storage and select Storage accounts.
- On the Storage accounts blade, select Add.
- In Create storage account on the Basics tab:
- In Subscription select the type of subscription.
- In Resource group select resource group or select Create new.
- In Storage account name enter the name of the storage account. For example: printixcloudstorage
- In Location select the data center closest to you. For example: (US) East US
- In Performance leave it at the default: Standard.
- In Account kind select BlobStorage.
- In Replication select Locally-redundant storage (LRS).
- In Access tier (default) select Hot.
- Select Review + create.
- In Create storage account on the Review + create tab:
- Review the settings.
- Select Create. It may take a couple of minutes to create the account.
Get the key
- In to Microsoft Azure, select All Services, scroll to Storage and select Storage accounts.
- Select the storage account you created (Example: printixcloudstorage).
- On the storage account blade select Access keys to see the access keys for the selected storage account.
- Copy the Key 1 value as you need to paste the value in step 16.
Add Azure Blob Storage
- Select Menu , Settings
- Select the Cloud storage tab.
- Select Azure Blob Storage.
- In Name enter the storage account name you entered in step 4 (Example: printixcloudstorage).
- In Key paste the Key 1 value you copied in step 11.
- Select Add cloud storage.
- Optionally check type of pending documents you want to store.