Use a CSV file with computers and print queues to add print queues to computers. Only if Printix Administrator has a matching Hostname of a computer and a matching print queue name, will the computer have the print queue added. Uppercase and lowercase letters are treated the same. The adding of the print queue is done as a task. If a computer is offline, it will pick up on the tasks once it comes online.
- The CSV file MUST be semi-colon (;) separated.
- Column headers are not allowed.
- Do not have spaces before or after a semi-colon.
- To not be rejected as an invalid format each row in the CSV file MUST have the same number of semi-colons. Padding with semi-colon may be necessary as demonstrated by this example:
- Hostnames of the computers must be unique within your Printix Home.
- Print queue names must be unique within your Printix Home.
- A print driver must be selected for the print queue for the relevant systems (Windows, macOS, …).
- Print queue is added regardless if it is Active or not.
Create shortcut with -q2c argument
- Right-select PrintixConfigurator.exe and select Create shortcut.
- Right-select the shortcut and select Properties.
- Select the Shortcut tab.
- In the Target section add -q2c like this: PrintixConfigurator.exe -q2c
Start Printix Configurator
- Right-click the Printix Configurator shortcut file and select Run as administrator.
- Sign in. You must have the role as System manager.
- If asked Pick a Printix Home (Example: acme.printix.net).
After successful sign in to Printix Configurator you can close the browser window.
Import CSV file
- In Enter CSV file select the field and browse to the CSV file you wish to use. Alternatively, you can paste the path to the CSV file.
- See example of queue 2 computer CSV file.
- Uppercase and lowercase letters are treated the same.
- To not be rejected as an invalid format each row in the CSV file MUST have the same number of semi-colons. Padding with semi-colon may be necessary.
- Select Open.
- Select Exit.
For troubleshooting, you may want to open the Printix Configurator log files. Output from a successful configuration will be written like this:
Read X computers from CSV file Validating configuration... Start applying configuration... Done applying configuration
If a print queue does not install, then check the History on the computer for any hints on perhaps issues with the print driver and then try to change the print driver.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.