As a trusted Technician you can be allowed to add printers to the print infrastructure.
- You have a phone with: 1) Web browser and 2) Email access.
- You can determine the Hostname or IP address of a printer by printing its configuration page or via the printer’s menus.
- If you have multiple networks you should be aware that printers can only be added to Network1 (the first network).
- Use your phone to read the email: “Printix – Invite Technician”
If you do not see the email within a few minutes then check your spam/junk mail folder.
- Select Get started in the email.
The email is valid for 72 hours from the time of issue.
- On the Add printer page:
- Enter Printer address. Example: 192.168.2.10
- You may be asked to Select printer based on the Printer name and Location defined by the person who invited you as Technician. If you do not find a match, select Unnamed printer.
- Select Add.
- Printer was added successfully
- Printer was not added
- When done adding printers Close the web browser.
Thanks for your feedback.