If you have a homogeneous printer fleet, you can choose to change the print driver for the Printix Anywhere print queue to a universal print driver that supports your registered printers. By default the Printix Anywhere print queue sends data to the printer as PDF without control of finishing options. Changing it to use a universal print driver allows configuration of Device settings and Printing defaults.
- Printer fleet is homogeneous
Printers are preferably from the same printer vendor, possibly also limited to a few printer models.
- Universal print driver
Choose your preferred printer vendor’s universal print driver. The print driver’s format (page description language, for example: PostScript or PCL) MUST be supported by all printers. Otherwise, users will either not get any print at all or lots of pages with weird looking characters.
Configuration of universal print driver
- Identify the universal print driver you want to use.
- Identify a registered printer you want to use to make the print driver configuration.
- The computer you use must be able to connect to the printer.
- To allow users maximum control with finishing options, you may want to select a printer that has the most Installable options (such as Paper trays, Duplexer, Staple, Hole punch, and Output bins). If the user has selected hole punch and releases the document to a printer, that does not support hole punch, the document is printed anyway (without holes).
- Create a print queue for the identified printer without making it active. Name it for example: Anywhere setup.
- For each system (Windows 10 ×64, Windows 7 ×64, …)