Advanced troubleshooting may involve our support asking for network trace of the communication between the computer printing and the printer. The instructions below is for use with software Wireshark.
- Wireshark can be downloaded from wireshark.org.
- The software should be installed on the computer that prints and the computer should be on the same network as the printer.
- Download and install Wireshark on the computer.
- Start Wireshark and select the network interfaces.
- As capture filter enter: ip.addr == 192.168.1.3, where 192.168.1.3 should be the IP address of the printer.
- Open the Capture menu and select Start.
- Print the document.
Wait until the document has printed (or when the printer stops receiving data).
- Open the Capture menu and select Stop.
- Open the File menu select Save as and save the trace.
Thanks for your feedback.