If you have enabled Azure authentication you can use Azure AD groups to deploy and control access to printers based on users’ group membership. You must have the role as global admin in Azure AD to synchronize groups.
- On the Authentication page select the Azure AD tab.
- For Synchronize groups select Accept.
- On the Microsoft Sign in page:
- Enter your administrator account. You must have the role as global admin in Azure AD to synchronize groups.
- Enter Password.
- Select Sign in.
- Printix will ask you to accept permissions for your organization to:
- Sign you in and read user profile.
- Read all groups.
- Read directory data.
- Read all users’ full profiles.
- Select Accept to grant these permissions, so Printix can synchronize groups.
If this is successful you will see: Groups synchronized from Azure. If you select Accept again, it will do a full synchronization (can take time!).
- Could not verify group synchronization
- The Groups page does not load any groups
- Groups does not seem to synchronize anymore
- Why does a group have no or missing users?
Could not verify group synchronization
- The account you used to sign in with did not have the role as global admin in Azure AD.
RESOLUTION: On the Microsoft Sign in page sign in with an account that has the role as global admin.
The Groups page does not load any groups
- Only groups added to print queues will appear.
RESOLUTION: Add groups to a print queue.
Groups does not seem to synchronize anymore
- This can happen if the printix-cloud-sync application has been deleted. The application is responsible for synchronizing groups from Azure AD
RESOLUTION: On the Authentication page select the Azure AD tab. Select the Accept again link to have Groups synchronized from Azure again.
- Open a new browser window and sign in to Microsoft Azure (portal.azure.com), using your work account credentials.
- Select All Services, scroll to Identity and select Azure Active Directory.
- On the Azure Active Directory blade, select Enterprise applications.
- Search for printix should list two applications, namely: Printix and printix-cloud-sync.
Thanks for your feedback.