If you have enabled Microsoft Entra authentication, you can use Microsoft Entra groups to deploy and control access to printers based on users’ group membership. You must have the role as global admin in Microsoft Entra ID to synchronize groups.
- On the Authentication page, select the Microsoft Entra ID tab.
- For Synchronize groups, select Accept.
- On the Microsoft Sign in page:
- Enter your administrator account. You must have the role as global admin in Microsoft Entra ID to synchronize groups.
- Enter Password.
- Select Sign in.
- Printix will ask you to accept permissions for your organization to:
- Sign in and read user profile.
- Read directory data.
- Read all groups.
- Read all hidden memberships.
- Read all users’ full profiles.
- Select Accept to grant these permissions, so Printix can synchronize groups.
If this is successful you will see: Groups synchronized from Azure. If you select Accept again, it will do a full synchronization (can take time!). In Microsoft Azure, this will add the enterprise application printix-cloud-sync.
- Could not verify group synchronization
- The Groups page does not load any groups
- Groups do not seem to synchronize any more
- Why does a group have no or missing users?
Could not verify group synchronization
- The account you used to sign in with did not have the role as global admin in Microsoft Entra ID.
RESOLUTION: On the Microsoft Sign in page sign in with an account that has the role as global admin.
The Groups page does not load any groups
- Only groups added to print queues will appear.
RESOLUTION: Add groups to a print queue.
Groups do not seem to synchronize any more
- This can happen if the printix-cloud-sync application has been deleted. The application is responsible for synchronizing groups from Microsoft Entra ID.
RESOLUTION: On the Authentication page, select the Microsoft Entra ID tab. Select the Accept again link to have Groups synchronized from Azure again.
- Open a new browser window and sign in to Microsoft Azure (portal.azure.com), using your work account credentials.
- In the portal menu, select All Services.
- In the Identity category, select Microsoft Entra ID.
- On the left pane, select Enterprise applications.
- Search for printix should list two applications, namely: Printix and printix-cloud-sync.
Thanks for your feedback.