We recommend that you, as the System manager, go through the below so you and your users can get started with capture and workflow.
- Check requirements.
- Evaluate from which sources (printer and/or mobile) your users need to capture data from.
- Optionally check Act as capture gateway if you prefer Printix Client on a particular Windows computer on the printer’s network to handle scanned documents and delivering these to the selected workflow destination. Printix Cloud will otherwise automatically select an online Printix Client on the printer’s network if none of the preferred computers are online.
- Decide the kinds of workflows you need to create and to whom should workflows be available.
- Verify that the workflow works as expected.
- Activate the workflow.
Requirements for capture at the printer printer
- Computer with Printix Client version 1.3.1253.0 or later for Windows must be online on the printer’s network during the use of Printix Capture.
- It must be possible to ping computers by hostname. This is a requirement for HP and Konica Minolta because the printer/computer scan connection uses secure HTTPS communication, and to avoid having to renew certificates whenever the computer changes IP address it must be possible to reference the computer by hostname.
- Printer must support Capture (see below).
 Additional Ricoh components: Printix Capture version 220.127.116.11, Printix Go Ricoh Installer version 18.104.22.168 (printixgo-ricoh-installer-22.214.171.124.jar).
Requirements for capture with mobile
- Users need to update their Printix App version.
Want to capture at the printer?
- Install Printix Capture so users can sign in at printer with ID code or card to capture documents : [ Yes | No ]
Want to capture with mobile?
- Users want to use Printix App on their phone to Capture and deliver images to their selected workflow destination : [ Yes | No ]
- Check requirements.
What workflows do you want to create?
- Email as workflow destination : [ Yes | No ]
- Microsoft OneDrive as workflow destination : [ Yes | No ]
- Microsoft SharePoint Online as workflow destination : [ Yes | No ]
- You must have the role as global admin in Microsoft Entra ID to grant access to Microsoft SharePoint Online.
- How to create a workflow for Microsoft SharePoint Online.
To whom should workflows be available?
- Want to make workflow available to selected groups : [ Yes | No ]
- You must have the role as global admin in Microsoft Entra ID to enable Microsoft Entra groups.
- You must have a Google Workspace administrator account to enable Google groups.
- How to make a workflow available to selected groups.
- If no group is selected the activated workflow becomes available to all users.
- Workflows that are not active can only be used by you as an administrator.