- Locate an available USB Type-A port on the back of the printer or on the side of the printer’s touchscreen control panel.
- Connect the card reader to the USB Type-A port.
- On the Printer properties page Card reader should show Vendor and Created for the installed card reader. If it does not a restart of the printer may be required.
- If Sign in method in the Printix Go configuration is Select automatically then it should map to Card if a card reader is connected to the printer. Otherwise it maps to ID code. Mapping changes within 10 seconds after the card reader is either connected or disconnection. If it does not change a restart of the printer may be required.
- If Printix Go is not yet installed, the HP printer may say: USB error
Printer has a Hardware Integration Pocket
- Locate the Hardware Integration Pocket (HIP) on the printer.
- See also: HP documentation on: Install the HP Proximity card reader, X3D03A
- Remove the HIP cover by using a thin, flat-blade screwdriver along either the short edge of the HIP cover to gently pry the cover off. Set the cover aside.
- Locate the USB mini-A port.
- Connect the card reader to the USB mini-A port.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.