Activate card reader plug-in on VersaLink printers
You need to install the Xerox USB Card Reader plug-in as follows:
Download the USB Card Reader plug-in
- Visit support.xerox.com.
- Search for the model of your printer (Example: VersaLink C7020).
- Open the Drivers & Downloads tab.
- Select the result that links to a web page with downloads in its title (Example: VersaLink C7020/C7025/C7030 Multifunction Printer).
- Scroll to the Firmware section. It is the last section on the web page, all the way at the bottom.
- Locate Card Reader Plug-ins (current version is 12).
- Check I agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Select Download.
- Extract all files from the zip file to a convenient location on your computer.
Install the USB Card Reader plug-in
- Open the printer’s web page and Log In as admin.
- On the menu, select System.
- Select Plug-in Settings.
- In the Plug-in Settings, select Add.
- Browse to the location of the Xerox USB Card Reader .jar file (Example: Xerox_USB_Card Reader_v3.0.11_sig.jar) you previously extracted from the .zip file.
- Select OK.
- Connect the card reader.
- Select Close.
- Restart the printer to activate the plug-in.
- When the system is back online, return to the Plug-In settings page and ensure that the USB Card Reader
plug-in is Activated.
Limitations with card reader support
- It is not possible to detect if a card reader has been connected or disconnected. We have been unsuccessful at using the EIP functions for this. As a consequence:
Connect the card reader
Images are from a Xerox VersaLink C7020. Instructions may differ for other models.
- Locate the Hardware Integration Pocket (HIP) on the printer (typically to the left of the touchscreen control panel).
- Raise the touchscreen control panel to its upright position.
- Remove the HIP cover by pressing the tap. Set the cover aside.
- Locate the USB Type-A port.
- Connect the card reader to the USB Type-A port.
Thanks for your feedback.