- Unbox and connect the replacement printer.
- In Printix Administrator open Printer properties page.
- Change Printer address and/or Network to that of the replacement printer.
- If required change the SNMP configuration to match that of the replacement printer.
- Select Contact printer to read the properties of the replacement printer, including:
- MAC address. The hardware address of the printer.
- Model. The model name of the printer.
- Serial number. The serial number of the printer.
- Page description language (PCL5, POSTSCRIPT, PCLXL, PDF, …).
- Color supported.
- 2-sided supported.
If the replacement printer is a different model or from another printer vendor, then proceed to:
Thanks for your feedback.