Before you enable this on a larger scale, you can test conversion of print queues on a single computer. At conversion the port settings are modified to use an Internet Port and allow print via Printix.
- Network printers are converted if they are setup with a Standard TCP/IP Port or WSD Port.
- Shared network printers are converted.
Example: Reception on PrintServer becomes Reception ASD, ASD Reception, or Reception depending on the choice of Print queue naming.
- Locally connected printers (USB) are not converted.
- No printers are converted on servers.
- On the Computer properties page select the Print queues tab.
- Select Convert print queues.
Shared print queue is not converted
A shared print queue that has been added since Printix Client was started will not get converted until the computer is restarted or the user signs out of the computer and signs in to the computer again.
- Restart the computer.
Alternatively, follow these steps:
On your Windows computer:
- Open Task Manager
- Select the Details tab.
- Select PrintixClient.exe and select End task. Select End process.
- Select the Start button. In the Search box type: Printix. Select Printix Client in the list that appears.
On your Mac computer:
- Select the search icon in the top right corner.
- Type: terminal, and select Enter.
- In the Terminal window type the relevant command:
- Stop Printix Client UI with the unload command by typing:
launchctl unload /Library/LaunchAgents/net.Printix.UI.plist
- Start Printix Client UI with the load command by typing:
launchctl load /Library/LaunchAgents/net.Printix.UI.plist