The product is designed to work with any printer that meet these requirements:
- Network connected with a static IP address.
- SNMP v1 is enabled on the printer and Community name is “public”. Please inform us if you require SNMP v3.
- Printer supports the RAW (port 9100) or LPR (port 515) printing protocol. Use of other port numbers is also supported.
- Page counting works for PCL5, PCL6, PDF, PostScript, Canon UFR II, and Epson (ESC/PAGE and ESC/P-R).
- There is no page counting for printers that rely on the computer to process (rasterize) the pages. These printers are also known as GDI or host-based printers.
- Locally attached USB printers are supported with Printix Redirector.
For printing to work the computer must be able to reach the printer on the network.
Thanks for your feedback.