To get here:
- Select Menu , Settings
- Mark documents for deletion after
Recommended default is 1 day. The maximum is 7 days.
- Documents can be reprinted until 12 hours after they are marked for deletion.
- Allow users to add printers via Printix Client
Unchecking this will remove Printers… from the Printix Client menu for users. Administrators will always be able to select Printers…
Scenarios where preventing users from adding printers via Printix Client could be relevant:
- Existing group policies for printing are used to control which user gets which printer, so there is no need for users to be able to add printers themselves. Remember to check Convert print queues.
- Printix Anywhere is the only print queue users will need, and it is configured to be automatically added for everyone.
- All Printix printers are configured to be added automatically, so there is no need for users to do this.
Print queue naming
- Printer ID after printer name
The three-letter printer ID is placed at the end.
Example: Reception ASD
- Printer ID before printer name
The three-letter printer ID is placed at the start.
Example: ASD Reception
- Printer name without printer ID
Select this if you do not want users to see the printer ID as part of the printer name.
All Printix print queues will adopt to the selected naming within a few moments.
- Hide printer ID in Printix Client
Check this if you do not want the three-letter printer ID to appear on the Printix Client Printers page.
- Create default print queue
If checked, then when a printer is registered without a print queue, the system will create a default print queue and name the print queue the same as the printer model name. When migrating print servers, it is recommended to uncheck this as part of the Implementation phase setup.
- Convert print queues
Global setting to control if all print queues that points to a Printix printer should be converted. At conversion the port settings are modified to allow print via Printix. You can also set this per network. Before you enable this on a larger scale, you can test conversion of print queues on a single computer.
- Locally connected printers (USB) are not converted.
- Network printers are converted.
- Shared network printers (TCP/IP) are converted.
- No printers are converted on servers.
- Change print driver
The converted print queue will use the print driver that the printer is setup to use in Printix Administrator. If you leave this unchecked (default) the print queue will continue to use the current print driver and its settings.
This text is inserted after “Friendly regards” in the email that is sent to users after they register. You may want to change this to include contact details for your Help Desk. By default this is populated with the name and email address of the first System manager. Example: John Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for your feedback.