A Discover printers does not add the printer as expected.
- Is the printer powered on?
- Is the printer connected to the network?
- Is the printer on a different subnet than the computer doing the discovery. Please add a printer from that subnet manually and then do a discovery to find additional printers on that subnet.
RESOLUTION: Check the above. The printer address should be the IP address (Example: 192.168.2.10) or hostname of the printer.
The Discover printer process takes a very long time
- If you run Discover printers on a print server, the process may take several minutes depending on the number of printers and subnets.
RESOLUTION: Please be patient.
The Discover printer process seems to time out
- During the Discover printers process Printix Client uses ping and SNMP to verify connection to the printer and retrieve information about the printer and its properties. If there are network switches with certain security features enabled, this could result in the computer being temporarily disconnected from the network. This condition may last for several minutes, and during this time you would not be able to get Diagnostics from the computer. You can use SnmpWalk to test that SNMP communication is working.
RESOLUTION: Please talk to your network administrator.