Use a CSV file with computers and print queues to add print queues to computers. Only if Printix Administrator has a matching Hostname of a computer and a matching print queue name, will the computer have the print queue added. Uppercase and lowercase letters are treated the same. The adding of the print queue is done as a task. If a computer is offline, it will pick up on the tasks once it comes online.
- The CSV file MUST be semi-colon (;) separated.
- Column headers are not allowed.
- Do not have spaces before or after a semi-colon.
- To not be rejected as an invalid format each row in the CSV file MUST have the same number of semi-colons. Padding with semi-colon may be necessary as demonstrated by this example:
- Hostnames of the computers must be unique within your Printix Home.
- Print queue names must be unique within your Printix Home.
- A print driver must be selected for the print queue for the relevant systems (Windows, macOS, …).
- Print queue is added regardless if it is Active or not.
Create shortcut with -q2c argument
- Right-select PrintixConfigurator.exe and select Create shortcut.
- Right-select the shortcut and select Properties.
- Select the Shortcut tab.
- In the Target section add -q2c like this: PrintixConfigurator.exe -q2c
Start Printix Configurator
- Right-click the Printix Configurator shortcut file and select Run as administrator.
- Sign in. You must have the role as System manager.
- If asked Pick a Printix Home (Example: acme.printix.net).
After successful sign in to Printix Configurator you can close the browser window.
Import CSV file
- In Enter CSV file select the field and browse to the CSV file you wish to use. Alternatively, you can paste the path to the CSV file.
- See example of queue 2 computer CSV file.
- Uppercase and lowercase letters are treated the same.
- To not be rejected as an invalid format each row in the CSV file MUST have the same number of semi-colons. Padding with semi-colon may be necessary.
- Select Open.
- Select Exit.
For troubleshooting, you may want to open the Printix Configurator log files. Output from a successful configuration will be written like this:
Read X computers from CSV file Validating configuration... Start applying configuration... Done applying configuration
If a print queue does not install, then check the History on the computer for any hints on perhaps issues with the print driver and then try to change the print driver.