The Printix Client Microsoft Installer (MSI) package is available on the Software page.
Read the topic below that best suits the implementation you are about to make:
- Migrate print servers to Printix Cloud
“Brown field” with print servers.
- Move the management of the print infrastructure to Printix Cloud
“Brown field” without print servers.
- Build a new site with Printix Cloud
Migrate print servers to Printix Cloud
This describes a “brown field” scenario with print servers. By installing the Printix Client software on the print server, we make a copy of the current print environment details in Printix Cloud. Rest assured, we do not change or delete anything on the print server.
- The Microsoft web browser (Edge or Internet Explorer) Security settings may obstruct the download of the Printix Client software. To workaround this you may want to download it on another computer (without installing) and then copy it to the print server, so you can run it from there.
- If you have issues with Sign in to Printix Client, then please read: Sign in issues.
Please wait a couple of minutes while Printix Client discovers your printers. During the discovery process, we automatically detect and register printers, print queues and drivers in Printix Cloud. At the same time, a Network1 is created with the gateway of the print server’s network adapter.
If there are additional print servers, install Printix Client on each of these, to make the copy of your print infrastructure as complete as possible. In Printix Administrator open the Computer properties page of the print server and select Discover printers.
Once you have migrated the print server(s), you can proceed to:
Move the management of the print infrastructure to Printix Cloud
This describes a “brown field” scenario without print servers. There is no central print queue management. The best way to achieve an overview is to deploy Printix Client on computers, so Printix Cloud can register printers and print queues. Signed and unique print drivers will be uploaded to the tenant’s Printix driver store.
Build a new site with Printix Cloud
This describes a “green field” scenario, where you want to have Printix installed and configured before users move into the new office/site.
- Download the Printix Client software and install it on a computer at the new site. The computer should run the same Windows/macOS editions the users will be using, for example Windows 10 ×64.
Printers are discovered and registered in Printix Cloud
- Setup print queues on this computer.
- Optionally rename printers and print queues.
- Refine the print queue setup by adding print drivers and make print driver configurations to configure Installable Options (such as Paper trays, Duplexer, Staple, Hole punch, and Output bins), and for example Form to tray Assignment.
- For each of the additional Windows/macOS editions to be used in the organization, for example Windows 7 ×64, install Printix Client and add print drivers and make print driver configurations.
- Test that printing via the added print queues works as intended on the Windows/macOS editions to be used.
Once you have setup print queues, you can proceed to:
Deploy Printix Client on computers
If you are doing a staged implementation, you can decide to deploy Printix Client to selected sites and users. Later on, you can expand the implementation to include more users and sites, and eventually all users and sites. You can also decide to deploy on all computes at first.