All Printix printers gets a unique three-letter ID, also known as, the printer ID. This makes it efficient to search for printers and easy to identify the printers.
- Search for printer is efficient
- If Printix manage 26 or fewer printers you only have to enter the first letter when searching for a printer.
- Uppercase and lowercase letters are treated the same.
- Identifying the printer is made easy
- Printer ID sign mounted on the physical printer includes the printer ID.
- Print queues are named so they include the printer ID.
How many printers can be supported?
The three-letter ID is based on the alphabet’s 26 letters and allows for up to around 2200 printers. If you need more, the software will automatically use four-letter IDs.
The sequence of the letters for the first 78 printer IDs are grouped together on the keyboard to optimize searching for printers by their ID.
Printer ID examples:
- Reception ASD
- Sales BNM