If your company has enabled Home office printing for your company laptop, then you will experience the following behavior:
- When you power on your computer at home, it will try to discover your home printer(s).
- Only powered on printers can be discovered.
- If the printer is a USB printer, it must be attached to you computer.
- When at home your computer will install a print queue for your home printer.
- The Printix managed home office print queue appears. This must be used for work related printing. Data is collected.
- A parenthesis with the first part of your company’s Printix Home (acme.printix.net) is appended to the printer name. Example: myprinter (acme).
- Any existing print queue (myprinter) for the home printer remains untouched and can be used for personal printing. Data is not collected.
How to print work-related documents
- Print as usual, but select the Printix managed home office print queue.
Example: myprinter (acme).
How to print personal documents
- Print as usual, but select the printer queue without the appended parenthesis.
Thanks for your feedback.